Reboot windows when nobody logged in

Alex K. Angelopoulos aka at mvps.org
Thu Feb 13 17:17:45 EST 2003

In addition to your comments, Lukas -

I've successfully implemented code which reboots XP using the ExitWindowsEx
function after performing token adjustment.  Based on your description, I would
try testing it while logged on interactively.

Why?

This will tell us whether the problem is technical details of method you are
using to call it (in which case it will fail there), or related to
environment/privileges of the account running it when no one is logged on.

By the way, if it makes a difference, you don't need any of this with 2000/XP to
perform a remote reboot.  You can use WMI, which is accessible to Python, and
call the Reboot Method in class Win32_OperatingSystem.

Depending on your situation, this might be a feasible solution.

--

"Lukas Kubin" <kubin at opf.slu.cz> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.44.0302130829010.14458-100000 at x.opf.slu.cz...