ternary operator vote

James J. Besemer jb at cascade-sys.com
Sun Feb 9 06:09:08 EST 2003

Aahz wrote:

> If I do hold a vote, there will be a specific format required.  Do not
> send votes to me until you see a formal Call For Votes (which would be
> published on comp.lang.python.announce).  Any votes sent now will be
> discarded.

I would humbly suggest that somebody other than Aahz control the voting.

I don't know Aahz.  I have no reason to doubt his integrity or expect him to
cheat.  Nevertheless, he has indicated considerable hostility towards the
propsoal and this strikes me as inconsistent with the role.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it TRADITIONAL for a PROPONENT of a PEP
lead the discussion, revise the PEP accordingly and call for a vote?  There
are several members qualified to lead this effort.  Andrew Koenig stands out
as one; at least his diligence to date indicates he may have the time for it.

Seems to me we're at a point where the PEP should be revised to incorporate
what we've learned thus far.  I think there are a number of points to be
added, if only additional dead ends.

The vote itself I presume would be public and thus there would be no issue re
counting, auditing, etc.

Regards

--jb

--