3D graphics programmers using Python?

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Wed Feb 5 18:49:11 EST 2003

> > I am an expert C++ programmer. I am an expert Python programmer.
> > Writing the Python version took me less time.
>
> A one-off has no economy of scale.  30 seconds vs. 1 minute, who
cares?
> It only pays off if you're doing that kind of problem lotsa times.

More like 2 minutes to 5 minutes.

But you are slipping around the argument. Before you were claiming that
"Python isn't going to give you any advantage in a...simple problem
domain" but now you seem to be claiming that simple problems are too
simple for one to care. Which is it?

And keep in mind that complete software systems often consist of simple
modules connected together. If each of my modules takes me 50% less time
to write that I do get a big payoff.

Cheers,
Brian