Some Python posix-related questions

John Abel john.abel at pa.press.net
Tue Feb 25 04:38:27 EST 2003

Hi,

Can only help you with no 1, I'm afraid.  The easiest way, is to parse
/etc/mnttab, though again, this isn't that portable, though this is
basically what df does.  If you do, then you could use:

def GetSpace( path ):
    s = os.statvfs(path)
    return s[statvfs.F_BAVAIL] * long(s[statvfs.F_BSIZE])

Regards

John