Accessing Python script with ColdFusion

Jay Dorsey jay at jaydorsey.com
Sat Dec 6 22:07:32 EST 2003

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 02:52:59PM -0800, Michael Wood wrote:
> We're using mailman (python based) to do mailing lists. I'd like to write a
> ColdFusion interface to the command line scripts for managing list
> membership but there's a problem. I can run the scripts from the Linux
> command line with no problem. But when I run the scripts via the CFExecute
> tag in ColdFusion there isn't any output returned. That isn't entirely
> true, if I use the -h argument the help screen displays okay but any other
> sort of output never turns up. And it doesn't return an error so it seems
> as though the script is executing or starts to execute but the output
> buffer never flushes to the standard output or something like that...
>
> I'd really like to make this work. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do
> so?

Have you made sure you specified a timeout in the CFEXECUTE tag?
I just recalled a similar situation I encountered:

http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20030120/133253.html

See if that helps any; esp. the use of the CFSAVECONTENT tag.

I feel silly for not remembering this sooner :)

--
Jay Dorsey
jay at jaydorsey dot com