Accessing Python script with ColdFusion

Michael Wood mwood at stpo.com
Sat Dec 6 17:52:59 EST 2003

We're using mailman (python based) to do mailing lists. I'd like to write a
ColdFusion interface to the command line scripts for managing list
membership but there's a problem. I can run the scripts from the Linux
command line with no problem. But when I run the scripts via the CFExecute
tag in ColdFusion there isn't any output returned. That isn't entirely
true, if I use the -h argument the help screen displays okay but any other
sort of output never turns up. And it doesn't return an error so it seems
as though the script is executing or starts to execute but the output
buffer never flushes to the standard output or something like that...

I'd really like to make this work. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do so?

Michael Wood