What GUI toolkit looks the best?

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu Dec 11 09:30:19 EST 2003

In article <od_Bb.500677$HS4.3867626 at attbi_s01>,
Brian Kelley  <bkelley at wi.mit.edu> wrote:
>Paul Rubin wrote:
>
>> I've been approached about writing a Windows app which will need a
>> really professional looking GUI.  Forget TKinter, this has to actually
>> look good (real artists will be available to get the visual stuff
>> right).  Assuming I write in Python, what's the best toolkit to use?
			.
			.
			.
>Why forget Tkinter?  I've seen Tkinter applications that look incredibly
>fabulous.  A lot depends on what you are trying to do.  If you are
			.
			.
			.
Paul, I certainly can understand your dismissal of Tkinter
as it's commonly employed.  Are you aware, though, of <URL:
http://tcl.projectforum.com/tk/Home > and <URL:
http://mini.net/tcl/10424 >?  Tkinter might, in fact, best
meet your requirements.
--