What GUI toolkit looks the best?

Paul Rubin http
Thu Dec 11 09:41:23 EST 2003

claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) writes:
> Paul, I certainly can understand your dismissal of Tkinter
> as it's commonly employed.  Are you aware, though, of <URL:
> http://tcl.projectforum.com/tk/Home > and <URL:
> http://mini.net/tcl/10424 >?  Tkinter might, in fact, best
> meet your requirements.

No I'm not.  I wrote one tkinter application just to try it out and
while it was nice for putting up a quick and dirty gui, it looked very
crude and the API was also quite inflexible.  I clicked the first of
those two url's and it seems to be an in-progress discussion about how
to rework tcl to fix its limitations, but I don't want to rely on
something that's not yet already working.  Thanks though.