ANNOUNCE: xsdb -- the eXtremely Simple Database goes alpha

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Dec 10 12:05:13 EST 2003

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:10:44 -0500,
	Istvan Albert <ZZZ-ialbert-ZZZ at mailblocks-ZZZ.com-ZZZ> wrote:
>> The xsdb package is implemented in Python, and the server mode requires
>> stackless python.
> Why?

Probably because Stackless made it easier to write the server without
having to wrestle an async socket library such as Medusa or Twisted.

> IMHO this sort of limitations severely reduce any
> project's potential.

Yeah, but it's his code, so he can do whatever he likes.

Sheesh, Aaron announces a database system that looks really spiffy from the
examples, like ZODB without the pain of ExtensionClass, and the first two
when they're well-off.  (Now if only he'd released it before I wrote the
PyCon proposal tracker using PostgreSQL...)

--amk