make test segfaults with "--enable-shared" on Python 2.3.3

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sun Dec 28 13:50:02 EST 2003

bhoel at web.de (Berthold Hoellmann) writes:

> Hello,
>
> When I use
>
>   ./configure  --with-thread --with-fpectl --with-signal-module \
>      --with-pymalloc --enable-shared  --with-cxx=g++
>
>   make test

What platform, compiler, and versions thereof?

> on 2.3.3 I get

> test_queue
> test_quopri
> test_random
> test_re
> make: *** [test] Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherauszug erstellt)
>
> gdb ./python core.29964
> GNU gdb 5.3.93
> Reading symbols from /home/devel/compile/Python-2.3.3/build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/pyexpat.so...done.
> Loaded symbols for /home/devel/compile/Python-2.3.3/build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/pyexpat.so

[snippety]

> Some kind of "infinite" recursion?

Well, there's a test in tes_sre that uses quite a lot of C stack.  I
guess it's possible that something about shared library code uses more
stack.  Can you run 'ulimit -s <something larger>' and try again?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Lisp does badly because we refuse to lie.  When people ask us if
  we can solve insoluble problems we say that we can't, and because