make test segfaults with "--enable-shared" on Python 2.3.3

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Sun Dec 28 21:01:28 EST 2003

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Berthold Hoellmann wrote:

> CXXFLAGS=-O3 -fstrict-aliasing -funroll-loops -fschedule-insns2 \
>     -ffast-math -fno-math-errno -funsafe-math-optimizations     \
>     -fno-trapping-math -march=athlon-xp -mfpmath=sse -msse -mmmx -m3dnow
>
> CFLAGS=-O3 -fstrict-aliasing -funroll-loops -fschedule-insns2   \
>     -ffast-math -fno-math-errno -funsafe-math-optimizations     \
>     -fno-trapping-math  -march=athlon-xp -mfpmath=sse -msse -mmmx -m3dnow

Build Python with the configure defaults before you start getting creative
with optimisation.

Problems resulting from trying to use more aggressive optimisations than
the default should be taken up with the compiler vendor.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia