Is Python Mac Centric???

Jeff Epler jepler at unpythonic.net
Tue Dec 30 11:38:55 EST 2003

Apple decided they wanted to include Python in 10.3, and the Python
community was thrilled.

There are also a couple of people who are working very hard on
Mac-specific modules for Python.  I don't know why they're included in
the core while pythonwin is not--is it just historical coincidence?  A
license difficulty?  Change in attitudes?  However, I don't view the
pythonwin download as a big hassle.

Python could probably be included in the next version of Windows
if Bill Gates decided he wanted to.  But I don't think he's called Guido
up yet.

Jeff