HalfLife/Cstrike monitorring

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Dec 11 14:38:04 EST 2003

"Guyon Morée" wrote:

> I want to write a HalfLife/CStrike monitor, to make some nice
> statistics for
> an upcoming LAN-party. I've found some pointers on how to use the
> protocol,
> but now I have to do the following:
>
> 1. make an UDP connection
> 2. send a string(?) like  '\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFFdetails\x00'
> 3. translate the response into bytes and strings :-s
>
> for more details on this protocol see:
> http://dev.kquery.com/index.php?article=31
>
> I hope someone can help me with at least the first 2 steps.

It sounds like you just want a server statistics package, of which there
are many available.  See Google; a good one is PsychoStats.  There's
really no need for you to reinvent the wheel here.

--
 __ Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && &tSftDotIotE