Ques From CS Grad Student

Anthony Baxter anthony at ekit-inc.com
Mon Dec 1 01:59:26 EST 2003

>>> Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?= wrote
> You could also count the people that ever made a release, which would
> be a number below 10 (although I don't know myself what the number
> would be). Then you could count people that ever reported a bug, which
> would be larger than the number of people in Misc/ACKS.

Starting from PEP 0006, I'd say that the number is between 7 and 10.

Anthony Baxter: 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.3.1, 2.3.2.
Barry Warsaw: 2.2(?) 2.3(?) 2.2.3.
Guido van Rossum: many, including 2.2.2.
Michael Hudson: 2.2.1.
Thomas Wouters: 2.1.1.
Moshe Zadka: 2.0.1.

The only other names I can think of that might have done a (major)
release would be Jeremy, Tim or Fred.

Of course, if you count people that have done "some" of the release,
you'd have to add Tim and Thomas Heller (windows installers), Jack
Jansen (Mac installers), Fred (Doc packages) and Sean R. (RPM
installers).

It's never to late to have a happy childhood.