True standard Windows app in Python?

Dave Brueck dave at pythonapocrypha.com
Mon Dec 29 15:25:56 EST 2003

Alan wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:28:42 +0100, Pjer Holton
> <no.mail.please at se.invalid> wrote:
>
> If you want to get the Windows "kite-mark" then probably Python
> is not the best solution

Why? Just curious, but what specifically are you thinking of? The OP's question
was pretty vague, so it's hard to tell what the question was really about.

> quickly and cheaply... Pick the tool for the job. Most commercial
> apps on Windows are still written in C++ for performance reasons

Hmmm... most Windows programs are purely event driven and therefore spend
oodles and oodles of time idle waiting for user input. If in fact most are
still written in C++ I'd say it has more to do with habit and/or tools like
Visual Studio rather than because of performance reasons.

> and because you get access to all the windows stiuff when you
> need it.

That's what ctypes is for. :)

-Dave