Case sensitive and ludicrous statements

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Sun Dec 7 18:39:59 EST 2003

In article <lcr7zgxn60.fsf at gaffa.mit.edu>,
 Douglas Alan <nessus at mit.edu> wrote:

> Someone else in this thread claimed that CamelCase came to Pascal via
> Apple.  And we know that Apple was lapping at the time from the font
> of Xerox Parc.  This would explain how CamelCase made it from
> Smalltalk to Pascal.
>
> I used Pascal in the very late '70's and very early '80's, and I never
> saw anyone use CamelCase in it.

I still have Pascal code lying around from 1980-1982 that does use
CamelCase (with initial capital for variables and functions, without for
procedures).  This would have been with Rutgers Pascal on the
DECsystem-20, so unlikely to have much Apple influence.

--
David Eppstein                      http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/