Installing PyOpenGL - can't find libnumarray module

Steven Gutstein traveller3141 at att.net
Tue Dec 30 00:08:16 EST 2003

"Mike C. Fletcher" <mcfletch at rogers.com> wrote in message

> Basically, to fix the problem, uninstall NumArray and install NumPy 23.0.

I tried this, without success.
I also find I get the same error when I type

from numarray import *

I'm wondering if there's some problem with the fact that libnumarray
is a .pyd file. I came across a comment that for some reason .pyd
files don't get found and what I should do is create the following
setup.cfg file:

<setup.cfg>
[py2exe]
includes=numarray.libnumarray,
   numarray.memory,
   numarray._bytes,
   numarray._chararray,
   numarray._conv,
   numarray._converter,
   numarray._ndarray,
   numarray._numarray,
   numarray._operator,
   numarray._sort,
   numarray._ufunc,
   numarray._ufuncBool,
   numarray._ufuncComplex32,
   numarray._ufuncComplex64,
   numarray._ufuncFloat32,
   numarray._ufuncFloat64,
   numarray._ufuncInt16,
   numarray._ufuncInt32,
   numarray._ufuncInt64,
   numarray._ufuncInt8,
   numarray._ufuncUInt16,
   numarray._ufuncUInt32,
   numarray._ufuncUInt8
</setup.cfg>

This file was supposed to be placed in the same directory as setup.py.

The only reasonable setup.py I found was in c:\python23\Tools\scripts.
However, my setup.cfg file still didn't work. Is there something
obvious that I'm missing here ?