Version controlled mailing (was Re: Project dream

Ville Vainio ville.spammehardvainio at spamtut.fi
Sat Dec 27 05:27:47 EST 2003

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:

> > What would your favorite be?
>
> A CVS-like system for email.  You'd receive all your messages on a

[..]

This sounded quite fascinating. It also sounded quite doable w/
Subversion, w/ its "Properties" (metadata) and Python API.

> check any in.  Finally, the server shouldn't need any special protocol
> to check messages in or out.  It should be able to create a single
> tarball or zipfile that you download, and accept a single tarball or
> zipfile when you upload

No biggie, but it might still be useful for the system to be 100%
accessible from a normal Subversion client.

OT: Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org) is finally going to hit
Beta and 1.0 Real Soon Now (tm). I read that it might be even during
this year, but that's probably not going to happen.

--
Ville Vainio   http://www.students.tut.fi/~vainio24