Why Python won't work on .net

Gustavo Campanelli birdiepageANTI at SPAMciudad.FILTERcom.ar
Sun Dec 7 13:20:16 EST 2003

Allenabethea wrote:
  > I am a new python tinkerer. I love the language. But what is its
future but as
> a legacy tool?
>
> allen

As far as I've learned so far, .net is good for client server but not
that great for standalone because of the need for the .net runtime to
run things, which creates a large overhead. Performance is an issue too,
as everything compiles JIT. I think that's why although .net is a great
idea, a lot of languages will remain language of choice for
standalone/no runtimes/speed critical/cross platform aplications. I
could be wrong, but I don't think I'm far from the truth.

Gustavo Campanelli