What's better about Ruby than Python?

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Mon Aug 18 18:43:24 EDT 2003

sismex01 at hebmex.com wrote:

> I think like you Aahz, that people's dumping way to harsh-like
> on Brandon.  And it's strange to me, because normally people's
> much more polite here than elsewhere; I wonder what's squishing
> everyone's balls so tight to make them so.

Well, I'll freely own up to being rude and intellectually violent.  I don't
feel like being "PC" about certain basic questions, I'm a pragmatic
programmer and I call a spade a spade.  But that doesn't make me a troll.
It's annoying when people can't/won't tell the difference.  The sheer volume
of questions I've asked about Python should indicate to any impartial
observer that I actually do care about the answers.  And if that isn't
sufficiently convincing, you might try checking the marketing-python
archives.

20% of the world is real.