Win32All Crashes Python 2.3?

Roger Upole rupole at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 01:46:31 EDT 2003

I get the same thing on Win2k, Python 2.3 anytime a unicode string is
passed to os.lstat (without invoking any win32all modules)
Looks like the problem is in posixmodule.c
  PyUnicodeObject *po;
  if (PyArg_ParseTuple(args, wformat, &po)) {
wformat at run time is "u:lstat", which should have
a unicode pointer for the receiving argument, not a PyUnicodeObject.
os.stat (which works for a unicode string) uses uppercase U in the format.

      Roger

news:jchngb.pr.ln at boundary.tundraware.com...
(http://www.tundraware.com/Software/twander)