Win32All Crashes Python 2.3?

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Wed Aug 6 23:00:19 EDT 2003

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
<SNIP>

> Now the problem - twander has worked fine with previous versions of
> Python/Win32All up to and including 2.2.x.  It also works fine
> with 2.3.  HOWEVER, if I install any of the 2.3 relevant versions
> of Win32All, when I change to a new directory, Python crashes.

This turned out to the bug (in Python) identified elsewhere in this
thread. Mark Hammond kindly sent me a patched DLL (which I presume will
appear in 2.3.1) and I have verified that it does indeed fix the
'twander' hiccup noted originally.

For those running 'twander' who wish to upgrade to Python 2.3 as
released, please contact me privately via email for a workaround...

Many thanks to Mark for jumping all over this problem so quickly!
Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com