ClientCookie bug (followup)

Mark Carter cartermark46 at ukmail.com
Tue Aug 19 04:41:41 EDT 2003

> No really, I wasn't joking: you *never* need to use add_cookie_header
> / extract_cookies if you're using urllib2 (at least, I can't think of
> any possible reason to do so).  It can only break things.

I must admit that I don't really know what I am doing. How would you
simplify the following code:

def go8():
    import ClientCookie
    c = ClientCookie.MSIECookieJar(delayload=1)
    c.load_from_registry(username='mcarter') #only need username for
win9x

    import urllib2
    url = 'http://businessplus.hemscott.net/corp/crp03733.htm'
    request = urllib2.Request(url)
    response = urllib2.urlopen(request)
    request2 = urllib2.Request(url)
    c.add_cookie_header(request2)
    response2 = urllib2.urlopen(request2)

    print response2.geturl()
    print response2.info()  # headers
    for line in response2.readlines():  # body
         print line