What's better about Ruby than Python?

dan danbmil99 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 11:02:05 EDT 2003

"Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com> wrote in message news:<bhpbc6$1plpe$1 at ID-203719.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> What's better about Ruby than Python?  I'm sure there's something.  What is
> it?
>
> This is not a troll.  I'm language shopping and I want people's answers.  I
> don't know beans about Ruby or have any preconceived ideas about it.  I have
> noticed, however, that every programmer I talk to who's aware of Python is
> also talking about Ruby.  So it seems that Ruby has the potential to compete
> with and displace Python.  I'm curious on what basis it might do so.

Dude, what is it with you?  You must post like 50 msgs a day on this
ng, and I suspect we're not the only target of your "interest".  On
another thread you said you haven't actually tried Python because you
don't want to spend the time until you understand if it's worth it.
That is ridiculous, considering you have spent man-months posting to
clp.  I was writing code within an hour of downloading.

Download Python, download Ruby, check them out for yourselves.  Make
up your own mind instead of depending on others (with whom you rarely
agree anyway).

Just a random suggestion.