What's better about Ruby than Python?

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Mon Aug 18 16:55:30 EDT 2003

Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> writes:

> "John J. Lee" wrote:
>
> > Much less than a few hours?  You're obviously much faster on the
> > uptake than me...
>
> To read and usefully absorb the tutorial in only an hour?  That seems
> quite feasible for an experienced programmer.
[...]

Like I said.  :-)  Took me an afternoon.

Mind you, I am the type who, when faced with a new language, tends to
read everything slowly, chew the cud, *then* start writing.  I read
the whole of Stroustrup and a couple of other books before writing a
line of C++ -- not an approach I recommend to others, but if I had to
do it again (heaven forfend), I'd do the same.

John