closing a widget

Marcus Schneider mschneider.pad at t-online.de
Mon Aug 18 14:29:18 EDT 2003

in the meantime I found a work around, but "there is only one
mainloop" confuses ME ;)

When I generate a GUI with page, the function to open the window looks
like:

def vp_start_gui():
    global w
    global root
    root = Tix.Tk()
    root.title('xyz')
    w = Klassenname (root)
    init()
    root.mainloop()

If I use for different windows different variables (like root1, root2
etc) and use commands like "root1.mainloop" and "root2.mainloop",
shouldn't I get one mainloop per window?

Regarding your questions:
I open the new windows rather independently in the same way as
described above.
I close windows based on a button pressed.
With quitting a windows I refer to the quit method.

Hope that clearifies it to a certain degree;)