closing a widget

Michael Peuser mpeuser at web.de
Mon Aug 18 02:23:39 EDT 2003

"Marcus Schneider" <mschneider.pad at t-online.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3f443b52.0308171454.c00a287 at posting.google.com...
> Normally I close my windows/widgets with destroy and it works fine.
> Now I have a window (let's call it 1) from where I open an additional
> window (let's call it 2).

Do you mean you make (1) the basis of a Toplevel (2) ?
>  I close it.

   (2) ? By a button created on that Toplevel ?

> Each window has its own main loop.

There can only be one mainloop. No idea what happens, when you call mainloop
during in an event-routine. Never do it!

> Now I want to open another window outside the mainloop of window 1.

What do you mean by this?

> So
> I quit that mainloop.

How can you do that? What at all do you mean by "mainloop"? Tkinter.mainloop
I presume?

> go to

GOTO?

> a new window, destroy that, enter the
> mainloop of window 1 again and finally exit with destroy.
>
> All this works in princial....

This is a surprises to me...
My be I really do not understand what you are doing.....

Kindly
Michael P.

[....]