MySqlDB Question - CompatMySqlDB is all I can find ?

Richard Shea richardshea at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 21 06:38:37 EDT 2003

Hi - I've just downloaded mysqldb for 3.2. After running the install I
find that I can't import mysqldb. When I looked in the directory
mysqldb was installed into the only modules visible are
_mysql_exceptions.py and CompatMySqlDB.py. So i tried importing
CompatMySqlDB and that works fine ...

>>> import CompatMysqldb
>>> import Mysqldb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named Mysqldb

...trouble is I read in this group that I'm not meant to be using
CompatMysqldb so what am I doing/have done wrong ?

I got mysqldb as a binary from ...

http://ghaering.de/python/unsupported/MySQL-python.exe-0.9.2.win32-py2.3.exe

... if anyone can throw some light on this I'd be grateful.

regards

richard shea.