MySqlDB Question - CompatMySqlDB is all I can find ?

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Thu Aug 21 07:11:00 EDT 2003

Richard Shea wrote:
> Hi - I've just downloaded mysqldb for 3.2. After running the install I
> find that I can't import mysqldb. When I looked in the directory
> mysqldb was installed into the only modules visible are
> _mysql_exceptions.py and CompatMySqlDB.py. So i tried importing
> CompatMySqlDB and that works fine ...

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: No module named Mysqldb
>

> ...trouble is I read in this group that I'm not meant to be using
> CompatMysqldb so what am I doing/have done wrong ?
>
> I got mysqldb as a binary from ...
>
> http://ghaering.de/python/unsupported/MySQL-python.exe-0.9.2.win32-py2.3.exe

The binary works fine, I just downloaded it from my homepage, installed
and tested it (well, "import MySQLdb" works, that's all I tested).

Otherwise I have no idea what you could have done wrong.

Be sure to delete Lib/site-packages/MySQL* after you uninstall and
before reinstalling it. Maybe there's a permission problem if you
installed it before under a different Windows account ...

-- Gerhard