ANN: Job posting -- developer position available

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Thu Aug 14 20:00:21 EDT 2003

Hey group,

We have a developer position open here at Enthought, and I thought I'd
see if anyone is interested.  The posting is below.  There is also a
tech writer and HCI opening listed on the website:

http://www.enthought.com/careers.html

thanks!

eric

Position:  Python Developer
Type:  Full-Time

Enthought, Inc. is a technology startup in the Austin, TX area that is
looking for a motivated Python Developer to join our development team.
Responsibilities include developing and deploying scientific
applications within the Fortune 500.  Our size and prospects provide
significant opportunity for growth and advancement for Enthought
employees.

Candidates should have the following qualifications:
	- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering or other
scientific field
	- 3+ years experience in the software industry
	- Experience developing solutions in the following languages:
		- Python
		- C/C++
	- User interface design experience
	- Developing and deploying custom solutions for clients
	- Excellent verbal and written communication skills

Ideal candidates will also demonstrate the following skills:
	- Use of the wxPython user interface library
	- Experience with Geophysics applications
	- Experience in the fields of statistics, linear algebra and
calculus

Please send resumes to jobs at enthought.com.