My future Python IDE article

Paul M paul.m at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 26 20:52:45 EDT 2003

David Mertz wrote:

> So c.l.py readers... make the case for your favorite one getting on the
> list.  I have a while to ponder the opinions advanced, should this
> prompt some discussion (it may take a little while to order review
> copies of commercial tools and/or get things installed).
>
> Yours, David...

I think it would be great to focus on truly cross platform IDEs.  I
regularly use Python on Win32, Linux, and Mac OS X, and I tend to prefer
editors that work on at least those platforms (more would be great!).  I
imagine other people platform-hop a lot as well.  And cross
platform-ness is definitely keeping with the spirit of python.

--Paul M.