PB with Python ActiveX Scripting Engine registration (Python 2.2.3/2.3)

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Sun Aug 3 06:39:30 EDT 2003

Long trace snipped...

RExec was removed in Release 2.2.3 and 2.3. It's caused a number
of other problems: for example, the Python port of FIT no longer
works, either. (That's a three line fix, though.)

You need to get a new verion of whatever it is from the person
who wrote it.

John Roth

"GE" <ge.net at wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
news:bgik5l$6lj$1 at news-reader5.wanadoo.fr...
>   File "C:\Python22\lib\rexec.py", line 183, in __init__
>     raise RuntimeError, "This code is not secure in Python 2.2 and 2.3"
> exceptions.RuntimeError: This code is not secure in Python 2.2 and 2.3
>

> "Mark Hammond" <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote in message
> news:bgf4qa$2k95$1 at arachne.labyrinth.net.au...
> > GE wrote:
> >
> > > I execute the Python program
win32com\axscript\client\pyscript_rexec.py