Static typing

Michael Muller mmuller at enduden.spam.filter.com
Fri Aug 1 11:30:44 EDT 2003

In article <3f244eff$0$21092$626a54ce at news.free.fr>, "Bruno Desthuilliers"
<bdesth.nospam at removeme.free.fr> wrote:
> It's a management problem, not a programming language issue.

Well, I really don't care to argue the issue, but I will say that I
personally prefer a technical solution (e.g. static types) to a management
solution (e.g. me reading everybody's code and smacking them with a
Big Stick(tm) when they don't comply).

> Well... Objective C is compiled to machine code, and still has dynamic
> binding (not late binding as in C++), so static typing does not seem
> mandatory here.

For the record, Objective C has the same problem.  If you look through
the library, method resolution is implemented using a runtime lookup.
It's basically C with an embedded interpreter.

--
Remove the spam and filter components to get my e-mail address.