What's TOTALLY COMPELLING about Ruby over Python?

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 18 20:30:09 EDT 2003

Brandon J. Van Every:
> in.  So I will observe rhetorically: some of you people waste a *lot* of
> energy on games of "who's a troll."  Mabye it's time for you to establish
> c.l.p.advocacy newsgroup, to siphon those energies in a particular
> direction?  But hey, it's your newsgroup.

Search all c.l.py for my posts.  The first was 1995/09/11, and Google
says I made 1,160 posts in the last 8 years.  Only two ever use the
word troll.

And I never said you were a troll.  I said that you were labeled a
troll ("your troll mark"), and you ain't done nothing to wash it off.

> Even as one who hasn't converted to Python yet, that statement is clearly
> insane.

Why the demand that we raise coils^H^H^H^H^Harms against the
incursion of C# / Ruby/ etc. when you youself, in the months since
you first posted here, can't make a firm decision for yourself?

Me:
> > You need to acquire critical reading skills.

> No I do not.  I was seeking clear verification, and I got what I was
looking
> for.  I suggest that you need to acquire imagination skills.  You can't
seem
> to wrap your head around legitimate reasons for asking a question.

As I pointed out in your previous thread, the reasons you stated were
not legitimate.  You have not corrected my misconceptions in your
follow-ups it so I remain unconvinced otherwise.

                    Andrew
                    dalke at dalkescientific.com