Win32All Crashes Python 2.3?

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Tue Aug 5 03:10:06 EDT 2003

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
> Some time ago I wrote a portable file system browser, twander, that,
<SNIP>

> While it is certainly possible that this is a bug in my code, I
> cannot imagine what it might be.  The program has worked flawlessly
> on a wide variety of Unix/FreeBSD/Win32 systems with no reports
> of this sort of thing.
>
> Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?  Is this a reported
> Win32All bug?

OK, after some highly-technical debugging procedures (print statements! ;),
I have determined that os.lstat() is blowing up when Win32All is being
used.  What is strange is that this only happens sometimes.  For the life
of me, I cannot see anything in my code that is causing the problem.
It sure looks to me like an errant pointer or something in Win32All.

FWIW, Dr. Watson is reporting an Access Violation...

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com