Is Python your only programming language?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Tue Aug 12 14:45:04 EDT 2003

Joe Cheng <code at joecheng.com> pisze:

> I want to ask you hard-core c.l.p Pythonistas: Do you use Python for
> everything?  (and I'm counting Python + C extensions as just Python)  Or do
> you keep another language equally close at hand, and if so, what is it?  And
> finally, do you foresee a day when Python can be, for all practical intents
> and purposes, your only programming language?

I learn new programming language each year. During last 10 years I
learned 10 languages -- only in few of them I wrote more than exercises,
these are Python, RPG and REXX, sorted descending. Python is most
amusing and fun part of my work, I use it whenever it is possible and
has any sign of advantage over any other languages but I will never try
to use Python to write interactive application on OS/400. There is
RPG/400 for this and other platforms have other tasks that are better
accomplished in other ways than Python.

But I'll continue to love Python until somebody invents something more
amazing. Which looks impossible now, but remember, 10 years ago mr Gates
said, that 640KB seems to be enough for everybody. ;)

--
Jarek Zgoda
Registered Linux User #-1