What's better about Ruby than Python?

Cliff Wells logiplex at qwest.net
Mon Aug 18 18:38:27 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 15:14, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters wrote:
> > The second surest sign that a post is a troll is if the author
> > includes:

> > The first surest sign that a post is a troll is if the author is:
> >
> >> "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com>
>
> Man, it's clear that I've got an entire hate group around here to
> exterminate!  I wonder how long it's going to take?  Maybe this is a
> positive sign of Python's growth: it's got enough critical mass to attract
> just about anybody, not just people who want to get things done.  At any
> rate, welcome to my killfile.

The major problem appears to be your mode of communication.  At first I
took your questions seriously, then I began to think you were trolling
(and a rather clever troll at that), and finally I've come to the
conclusion that you're not trolling, rather merely arrogant and
abrasive.  You seem to get a large number of people who perceive you as
a troll.  While I no longer believe this to be true, the sheer number of
people in so many different newsgroups should perhaps indicate to you
that you need to take a break from your local D&D group and socialize a
bit.  You are lacking some fundamental skills in this area.  You're
clearly intelligent and have in fact brought up some interesting topics,
but your lack of tact tends to take them off-track rather quickly.

For instance, do you really think publicly announcing that someone is in
your killfile hurts their feelings or somehow vindicates you?  That's
rather pathetic, but makes sense given the source.  I'd venture that
mentality is most common at the pre-teen level of social interaction.

Regards,

--
Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)