Celebrity advice (was: Advice to a Junior in High School?)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Aug 27 11:05:13 EDT 2003

 "Tim Churches" <tchur at optushome.com.au> writes:

> Cameron Laird wrote:
>
> > I ask in part because, as near as I can tell, you were the
> > first to mention him in this thread.  It appears that you
> > regard his output as particularly hazardous.
>
> See the first few paragraphs of
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/guns/gun-ethics.html

I did.  'Few' means at least three.  The second and last sentence of
the third paragraph reads

" Every political choice ultimately reduces to a choice about when and
how to use lethal force, because the threat of lethal force is what
makes politics and law more than a game out of which anyone could opt
at any time."

Do you disagree (with what seems to me like an obviously true
statement)?  Or are you one who doesn't the 'people' to notice the
elitist hypocrisy of being 'anti-gun' while supporting the bearing
*and use* of guns by 'govern-men' the elitists hope to control?  (I
think it safe to say that during the 20th century, 99% of the 100s of
millions of murders were committed by armed govern-men rather than by
private persons acting alone.)

Well back to Python.

Terry J. Reedy