IDLE function 'tooltips'

Seo Sanghyeon unendliche at hanmail.net
Mon Aug 4 07:07:33 EDT 2003

Asun Friere wrote:

> I'm just trying out Python 2.3's IDLE and was wondering how you turn
> off the 'tooltipping' that comes up whenever you write out a function
> and open the first parenth.  I can't seem to find the option for it in
> 'Configure IDLE'.

You can turn it off by editing IDLE's extension config file. In case of
Python 2.3 on Windows XP, make a file named "config-extensions.cfg" under
.idlerc directory, which would be under your home directory. And write:

[CallTips]
enable = 0

It would be nice to make this configurable in the configuration dialog.
Perhaps you must submit this one as a feature request?

Seo Sanghyeon