Python vs. C#

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 06:40:39 EDT 2003

In article <Xns93D4651C68054duncanrcpcouk at 127.0.0.1>, Duncan Booth
<duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk> writes
>"Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com> wrote in
>news:3f357a9b at shknews01:
>
>> So again my question is, language-wise, what can I get done with
>> Python that I can't get done with C#?  What is easy to express in
>> Python, that is tedious, difficult, or impossible to express in C#?

Eiffel.Net is alleged to have multiple inheritance, but I must admit I
wasn't entirely convinced by one of the explanations I saw. In fact at
the end of the piece it was stated that multiple inheritance was allowed
only for Eiffel classes. On the other hand there are a bunch of features
that will apparently arrive with later revisions of the CLR and multiple
inheritance is one of them.

I suspect it will be a long time before serious meta classes arrive.
--
Robin Becker