Counsel bears (OT, Re: how fast is Python?)

Juha Autero Juha.Autero at iki.fi
Sat Aug 30 06:38:12 EDT 2003

graham__fawcett at hotmail.com (Graham Fawcett) writes:

> If we each had at least /one/ wise counsel bear, then c.l.py would
> certainly reap the benefits of our enhanced posts!

That reminds me of a story I probably read from The Practice of
Programming by Brian W. Kernighan and Rob Pike. In some university
(I've forgotten the name) students doing programming exercises had to
explain their problem to a teddy bear before they could talk to course
staff. This was because often just explaining the problem helped you
to understand the problem and then you could fix it.

--
Juha Autero
http://www.iki.fi/jautero/