(VERY) New to Python. Need Help!

Don Bruder dakidd at sonic.net
Tue Aug 5 05:59:35 EDT 2003

In article <bgnqvk$mku at newton.cc.rl.ac.uk>,
 "Richard Brodie" <R.Brodie at rl.ac.uk> wrote:

> "Don Bruder" <dakidd at sonic.net> wrote in message
> news:tqJXa.8564$dk4.364945 at typhoon.sonic.net...
>
> > Looks pretty obvious that something it wants can't be found.
>
> Yes, It can't find the getpid function within the os module. It isn't
> available
> on the Mac (at least not classic Mac).  Reading http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/
> may help.

Indeed it does. I can't help but wonder why this URL doesn't seem to
appear anywhere in the docs? The only FAQ-type URLs I'm seeing so far in
the "on-board" docs appear to be hosting on bitconjurer.org, with no
mention of this "www.dessent.net" host anywhere blatantly obvious.

Any indication of whether there's a "getpid" function in the Carbon
version of MacPython? And how would I go about checking to see (aside
from the obvious "fire up the program - if it pukes, the function isn't
there") if an arbitrarily selected function is available in a particular
Python implementation?

Thanks for the help so far!

--
Don Bruder -  dakidd at sonic.net <--- Preferred Email - unmunged, SpamAssassinated