FWD: Re: Problem w/ IDLE on Win2000

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Aug 7 03:04:39 EDT 2003

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net> writes:

> Speaking of which, that doesn't look likely to change anytime soon, so if
> someone else is willing to take over the PLabs Windows installer, it's
> yours.  Overall, it's in very good shape.  Whoever is interested should also
> consider switching to InnoSetup (and there's a patch on SF moving closer
> toward that end).

If it helps, I'm willing to take over the windows installer - although I
would probably stay with Wise. And I consider IDLE having problems with
spaces in its path a problem. Just bought my daughter a copy of 'Python
für Kids' (although she certainly accepted the default installation
options).

Thomas