What's TOTALLY COMPELLING about Ruby over Python?

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Tue Aug 19 00:12:07 EDT 2003

sismex01 at hebmex.com wrote:
> [Erik Max Francis]
>>
>> There's been at least four of five times where Brandon has claimed to
>> have put me in his killfile; he keeps "forgetting."  Not that that is
>> terribly surprising coming from someone who is so fond of
>> telling people about the contents of his killfile.

Erik, every time you have ever been "responded to," it's been an indirect
quote.  You have been in my killfile, and off my radar, for at least a year
if not longer.  Sometimes I forget you exist.  But every once in awhile I
see your name, quoted, in the groups I participate in.  Sometimes I'll
respond to a point you have made, that someone else has followed up to, if
it's a sufficiently interesting point.  But you'll notice I never sustain
any debate with you, let alone respond to your muckraking drivel.   Notice,
in the present instance, that there is no direct response to your quip about
c.l.r being more useful because I'm not in it.  I learned about it
secondhand.

> Oohh!! Now you're REALLY gonna get it!
>
> He's gonna REALLY REALLY gonna put you in his killfile!
>
> ...maybe!
>
> ;-)
>
> -gustavo
>
> pd: Next week on National Enquirer: BRANDON'S KILLFILE!!

And if I continue to killfile all your fellow gremlins, I may yet reach a
time when I never even know.  Goodbye, gustavo!

20% of the world is real.