What's TOTALLY COMPELLING about Ruby over Python?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Aug 19 00:32:55 EDT 2003

"Brandon J. Van Every" wrote:

> Erik, every time you have ever been "responded to," it's been an
> indirect
> quote.  You have been in my killfile, and off my radar, for at least a
> year
> if not longer. Sometimes I forget you exist.  But every once in
> awhile I
> see your name, quoted, in the groups I participate in.

Brandon (gotta love that; direct address to someone he's "killfiled"),
adults use killfiles so that they don't have to see posts they've
decided, for whatever reason, that they wish not to read anymore.  If
you really wanted to killfile me to avoid reading my posts, you'd adjust
your killfile to toss emails that were in response to me, or at least
show the self-restraint not to read -- and respond! -- to them.

It's clear enough from your behavior in this group (and in other groups
over the years; there's nothing new here) that you say, "Welcome to my
killfile" in order to somehow feel superior over people who really
couldn't give a crap who is in your killfile or isn't.  Announcing to
the world who is in your killfile and who isn't is just childish and
stupid.  Replying to people who are supposed to be in your killfile to
tell them they are, in fact, in your killfile, is just beyond stupid.

> But you'll notice I never
> sustain
> any debate with you, let alone respond to your muckraking drivel.

Man alive!

> Notice,
> in the present instance, that there is no direct response to your quip
> about
> c.l.r being more useful because I'm not in it. I learned about it
> secondhand.

But you still felt it necessary to mention it, huh?

/  \ All the people in his neighborhood turn around and get mad and sing
\__/  Public Enemy