Python memory management

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Aug 27 14:23:37 EDT 2003

"Marcelo A. Camelo" <camelo at esss.com.br> writes:

> Currently, the most popular platform for game applications are videogame
> consoles. Memory on these special purpose machines are a premium
> resource and one should used it judiciously. Python's RTE footprint and
> memory fragmentation issues make it a hard sell for game programmers
> (many tend to prefer LUA).

Um, *I*, at least, would say they have a point.  I love Python and
think it has many, many virtues, but being miserly with RAM is not one
of them (at least, for the current implementation).

If you're on a real PC, things are very different, of course.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Darned confusing, unless you have that magic ingredient coffee, of
  which I can pay you Tuesday for a couple pounds of extra-special