What's TOTALLY COMPELLING about Ruby over Python?

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:14:46 EDT 2003

[John Roth, among others, wrote]

[Snip: Some stuff about good things that Ruby does]

As someone who has never seen or written a line of Ruby, I find it
most interesting that of all the positive points being made about
Ruby, no-one has posted a single line of Ruby code.

Whenever people are making points about python, they usually post
illustrative snippets of python. Fair enough, it's a python newsgroup,
so maybe Ruby code doesn't belong.

But I am interested to read others opinions of what Ruby has/does that
python hasn't/doesn't. The support for continuations certainly sounds
interesting. Some code snippets would really help, for illustrative
purposes.

but-python-does-almost-everything-that-*i*-need-ly y'rs.

--
alan kennedy