Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Aug 31 11:51:56 EDT 2003

"Claus Alboege" <csa at csa-net.dk> wrote in message
news:20030831.095012515090500 at csa-net.dk...
> "Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:
>
> >> I haven't checked whether your address is currently on the
mailing
> > list.
> >
> > Then you are a pretty dumb program.

Not checking for the subscriber list is what I thought dumb.

> Ever heard of sublists?

I would expect sublists to be specially configured, by or with list
owner approval, as you seem to imply below, rather than added thru
public subscribe mechanism.

> And about people using different addresses for
> each list they subscribe to, such as user-xxx-list at dom.tld?

No.  I have never had unlimited address availability.  I have exactly
1 from udel and 7 for the family from ISP.  But it soulds like a great
idea.  Just yesterday I got virus spam sent to names harvested from a
particular list.  If I had a special address for that list, I would
resubscribe with a new name.  If I ever buy a domain-name service with
'unlimited' email accounts, I will try this.  Thanks.

> will reject messages containing a "Mailing-List" header. (Unless it
has
> been configured as a sublist)

TJR