win32 COM test question

Gabor Nagy linux42 at freemail.c3.hu
Fri Apr 11 07:57:15 EDT 2003

Hi!

I have downloaded the win32all extension from
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html

I have followed the description in
http://www.python.org/windows/win32com/QuickStartServerCom.html

and created a python script, which when ran, registered my test server.

So far, so good.

Now I'd like to test my class from anything but python. On the above
mentioned page the "Testing our Class" paragraph says this:

For the purposes of this demonstration, we will test the class using
Visual Basic. This code should run under any version of Visual Basic,
including VBA found in Microsoft Office. Any COM compliant package could
be used alternatively.
This is not a tutorial in VB. The code is just presented! Run it, and it
will work!

The problem is, there is no code on the page, and I don't know how to call
the exported functions of my new class

So could someone write me the missing VB example? (I don't know VB or COM,
so I couldn't figure it out myself, but I simply want to put this call in
an existing VB program)

Regards,
Gabor