Off topic: What usenet news reader to use?

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 15:55:13 EDT 2003

"Wai-Yip Tung \(wtung\)" <wtung at cisco.com> wrote:

>I haven't used Usenet news for a long time. Now that I have subscribed
>to python-list I find that email does not scale well to the high volumne
>of discussion. Instead of deleting emails all day I think I should go
>back to Usenet news. Is there any good Windows news reader you would
>recommend. I'm happily using Opera as the browser. But it's
>revolutionary news and email reader eludes me. What are you using?
>
>By the way I'm also looking for a free or low cost email client. My
>company is using Outlook but I want to find one for personal use. Thank
>you for you suggestions.

You don't say whether you're interested in an offline or online reader
so here's both. In no particular order, have you tried:

* Outlook Express
* Free Agent
* Mozilla
* XNews
* And what's wrong with the one in Opera 7.10?

--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd